It’s my mom’s birthday.
Disciple of Christ.
Daughter of the King.
It’s her birthday.
I won’t say which birthday, but I’m going to list 50 things I love about her. I could make a list of 500 and then some.
She blesses my life more than I could ever make in a list of 50. But, here it goes…
1. She’s my mom.
2. She taught me that I am valuable in Christ.
3. She took me to Mexico when I was 10…and introduced me to missions.
4. She reminds me constantly that I can do anything with Christ.
5. She’s my biggest fan as a runner.
6. She’s modeled a Christ-like relationship of over 25 years with my awesome dad.
7. In fourth grade…I tasted coffee.
8. Bikes with me for long runs…to Bloom at a slug pace for her.
9. Put me at Capital Christian School..where I grew in my faith.
10. Put me through college at APU where I thrived in my faith, relationships, and athletics.
11. Servant’s heart.
12. People say I look like her…that’s a blessing. 🙂
13. Joyful heart.
14. Best hugs.
15. Listens well.
16. Advises with grace.
17. Teaches me daily about selfless love.
18. Has patience with me, always.
19. Is slow to anger.
20. Lives out 1 Corinthians 13.
21. Cries when she laughs…and passed that on to me.
22. Can read my mind. Convenient when others are around 🙂
23. Puts others before herself.
24. Loves vanilla. It’s the best scent.
25. Encourages me more than any other person in my life.
26. Two words: Dark Chocolate.
27. Gave me a brother who is now one of my best friends.
28. Let me pursue my passions at APU….including a Bible minor and Christian ministry.
29. Has supported my heart to do mission work…and has supported me every trip I’ve been on.
30. Growing up with dogs 🙂
31. She fills up my life with more joy than I can describe.
32. Constant supporter.
33. Loves life.
34. Has never put me down.
35. Is passionate about loving God and loving people.
36. Creative and artistic.
37. One of the hardest workers I know 🙂 She just got a 4.0 and earned her masters!
38. She now works at Jessup with me! 🙂
39. Taught me that God can do anything with anyone.
40. Teaches me God’s Word is our source and guide; she reads it daily.
41. She teaches students and loves them with her whole heart.
42. She loves the students that are hardest to work with.
43. She’s a woman of wisdom.
44. Beautiful on the outside and inside.
45. Still growing in her faith after a life lived for Christ.
46. Challenges me to be all God has made me to be.
47. Best smile award.
48. Exudes a joyful spirit and loving presence.
49. Challenges me to think differently about people and differently about putting people before myself. 🙂
50. More than anything, she loves me unconditionally.
Mom, thank you for being a constant bright light into my heart and soul, for letting God create me in your womb, and for being a constant encouragement.
Happy Birthday heart! I love you so so much!
“Today is your big moment. Moments, really. The life you’ve been waiting for is happening all around you. The scene unfolding right outside your window is worth more than the most beautiful painting, and the crackers and peanut butter that you’re having for lunch on the coffee table are as profound, in their own way, as the Last Supper. This is it. This is life in all its glory, swirling and unfolding around us, disguised as pedantic, pedestrian non-events. But pull off the mask and you will find your life, waiting to be made, chosen, woven, crafted.” -Cold Tangerines, Shauna Niequist